Thursday, September 27, 2018

To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenna Han


I had seen this book at the store many times and thought, one day I will get to it. About a week before I decided to read it, my sister told me to watch the movie, which I did. I am one of those people that if I loved the movie and there is a book about it, I want to read it really bad. Which brings me to this: I loved this book. It took me just over a day to read the entire thing. That may not seem all that great but with work, and other commitments, I really did not have that much time. I burned through it, and loved it just as much as I loved the movie.

There will be spoilers so if you have yet to read this or watch the movie and do not want to know what happens, then stop reading.

Lara Jean is a quirky high school student who write love letters to boys she "loves". The letters are never meant to get out, but one day they do. You find out near the end it was her little sister Kitty who sent them out, and if you are like me, you figure it out right away.

The first person who confronts her about her letters is Peter. Peter seems like your typical high school Jock. He this handsome, athletic, people love him, and he thinks he can get whatever he wants. He seems like a douche. Luckily, you find out he is not a douche and along with Lara Jean you start to fall for his charms. He is super cute, and you can tell that he starts to really like her before they bring that out in the story. You really start to hope that it works out.

Then there is Josh. Lara Jean's best friend/sister's boyfriend turned ex. He is sweet, and gets along great with the whole family, and is devastated when Margot (Lara Jean's oldest sister) breaks up with him before she goes away to college. You feel sorry for him, mostly because you at some point in your own life have had someone break up with someone who felt life family because of the relationship. At the beginning you hope that Lara Jean and Josh get together because she liked him first, and you feel for her. As the story goes you find that Josh needs to move on, find someone else and the Lara Jean and Peter are better together. When he kisses her, I cringed because I did not want them together. It was going to ruin everything, and in turn caused her and Margot to have a bad sister fight.

Which brings me to Margot. For the majority of this story, I did not like her at all. She was cold, self-righteous, and not very friendly. She also was mean to Lara Jean about Peter. She only tried to give him a chance after being rude and mean about him for the first bit. Eventually she comes around and I am hoping in book 2, that she is much nicer.

This story was filled with high school love, and drama, and mean girls. The family bond was really fun to read. Also.. Kitty gets her puppy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment